Denver PD Technician Amy Esten:
- In the past month, there has been a lot of theft from Motor Vehicles, most in Northfield, which is grouped in with Stapleton as far as statistics go. Only 3 at actual residences. Be sure to keep locking up vehicles.
- Primary Stapleton issue currently is construction thefts on new construction. DPD is discussing the possibility of private security with builders and Forest City.
- When reporting an issue, for quickest response, always tell the police you are willing to be contacted when you call.
- For those blocks who have not had a Neighborhood Watch meeting, the time needed is approx. 45 min and they can contact Technician Esten to set up a time Mon – Thurs, no later than 6pm
Marion Combs, Public Information Manager East Corridor rail line, Denver Transit Partners (DTP) Denver Transit Partners
- East Rail Line is currently being built, from Union station to DIA
- Construction to date:
o 47 utility relocations out of 700 to be completed.
o 3 building demolitions have been completed (closer to Blake St station).
o Some relocation work still start along 40th ave between York and Blake street. Between July and Aug, that area will be closed for about a year. Plan accordingly.
- Moving forward: Commuter bridge at at Quebec will create closures, etc
- Construction at Sand Creek for commuter rail bridge will start in about 90 days. Any construction activity within 2 blocks of residences will be announced through door hangers
- Central park station scheduled for 2016
MCA Updates from Diane Deeter:
- Yoga on the green
- Bungee Bootcamp
- This Summer: Wine tastings at the pool with the Grape Leaf
- Stapleton Summer Solstice Stroll up and down 29th ave.
- For details, look for emails from the MCA!
Tower Committee Report (Gregg Looker)
- The proposal to develop the twoer into a community/cultural center is progressing as follows:
o 7 MCA Delegates have been to different community centers around the area.
o Architect is working on the plan ,and plans, costs, etc will be ready in September.
o Talking it back to the ’82 ‘look’ as a part of the historic designation.
o 1st floor will be a social/cultural center for weddings/etc.
o 2nd and 3rd floors will have offices, including MCA offices.
o 3rd Floor would eventually be a theatre with fixed seating.
Block Party, June 16
- Ideas were discussed by the group, including:
o Consider combining blocks where possible.
o Be sensitive when splitting expenses to residents who may not have children, both when splitting any food costs, as well as determining who contributes to things like bounce castles.
o The idea of getting sponsors for block parties was discussed (this has been done successfully by some blocks in the past).
o More information at the SUN website: https://sites.google.com/site/sunwebsite1/outreach/block-party-1
A follow up email will be going out so we can collect details about locations and times for block parties!
Dan Oltersdorf SUN Outreach Committee